Wednesday, December 10, 2025

Blogs on reading and writing

One of the most delightful things is to explore other people's thoughts on the books they like and on reading itself. And about writing and reading, and reading and writing. This has been one of the pleasures and one of the most awesome gifts of the internet. 

If I look back at myself, I, an early eighties kid, came across internet in my early teens. And from that time, when people used to create cyan-background websites, to this time, books and their blogs and their pages, and the general fan-stuff about reading has been one of the most most most amazing things about internet. Very few interests connect people this way across centuries, across time and space as shared ideas. 

Somehow thoughts about books elevate the discussion. It needs to be from somewhere deep in the person, but amazingly, it somehow is not personal that way. One of the most paradoxical things - a thought so innermost yet being able to be shared without the sticky personal aspects. And hence, one feels one knows people but one may not know the facts of their life. 

I come across many many book blogs and each one is a joy. I came across a blog a few years ago which was one of the most amazing finds on books. But it went missing...Anyhow, this note of thanks to the missing blog. Hope it exists in some form. And to many other blogs that I would have come across, saved, forgotten over time...and often pleasently returned to. 

As to my own blogs, these are mostly notes to self. I have been doing so in some form or fashion since early 2000s. I enjoy reading them after some time, and if they are about a book, they are a mirror of my thoughts at the period. This current blog is my latest on books. Here, I can be freer (and quicker) turning out random unedited notes. The important thing being noting down the joy - of all the books I am currently exploring and planning to read or reading. 

Readers/audience are appreciated :) Cheers to reading and book-blogging!



No comments:

Post a Comment